Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Art of the Love Letter


There are many times when I sit and think about a man that I am/was in love with, or someone that I would like to get to know better, and then the writing just pours out of me. I believe that the art of the love note is in the complete focused randomness of it all. “Focused Randomness”…I know that’s an oxymoron, Focus and Randomness are polar opposites, but that's not to say they cannot go together. When I write, I seem to have a cluster of ideas and feelings in my head and body all at once, many different thoughts and feelings that I need to get out, they move around and shift, and somehow take form on my paper or computer screen, where I am most able to focus these thoughts, and feelings, trim them or broaden them and turn them into something fluid. There are several books on the market that give samples of love letters, including different writing styles and categories. I find my love letters to be in the “longing” category a constant yearning, maybe it's because of the place I'm in now romantically? Give Love Letters a try, this book spans time, place and person with over 200 letters...get back to me and let me know what you think!




0 Comments: